Portable charger for electric vehicles
This portable charger will allow you to charge your single-phase electric vehicle in Mode 2 at 3.7 kW max power. Beginning and ending of charging sessions are automatically managed by the charger: plug-in the cable to your electric car socket and charging starts at desired power.
This universal charger is not dedicated to a single model or brand, it is made for any car having a Type 1 socket. The main advantage of this charger is to allow charging your electric vehicle anywhere having standard domestic electric sockets (Schuko) or CEE industrial electric sockets found at campings, marinas or even at home if you have one installed.
Charging is always available with this charger and can be made whenever you want, while benefiting from known and low electricity tariff. This solution is also suitable for hybrid plug-in vehicles.
This mobile charger for electric vehicles is an automatic portable charging station, connectable to any standard electrical installation using a domestic socket (Schuko).
This portable charger for electric cars is extremely compact and well designed. Unlike the OCC (Occasional Charging Cable) of electric vehicles, this charger is made for an intensive and daily use.
Contrary to classic chargers, it has no bulky box attached since charging electronics has been miniaturized and integrated in the Type-2 plug. Space-saving, it will find its place in your trunk and charge your electric vehicle anywhere by simply plugging it in.
Thanks to its adjustable current, it will allow you to adapt the charge of your car to the electrical circuit to which you connect.
High quality equipment
This portable charger is designed and manufactured within the European Union, using components chosen for their quality and robustness. This charger is compliant to European requirements and is certified by TÜV institute.
Moreover, all chargers are tested with care prior to shipping in order to ensure they are working properly. In addition to that, it can be equipped with residual current protection so that user protection is maximal.
An additional protection against overheating for domestic electric sockets can be added for Schuko. This charger is highly resistant, made for external use (sun, rain, etc.) and has a IP54 rating. In other words, you can charge your electric vehicle safely.
- The charger is fully integrated in the handle of the socket on the vehicle side, and thus there is no bulky box that hangs on the ground with the cable
- Miniaturized communication module especially developed for electric vehicles
- Designed for single phase charging in Mode 2 with currents up to 16 Amps (3.7 kW)
- Adjustable charging current (from 6 to 16A)
- The charging current can be adjusted even during the charging process of the vehicle
- Built-in overheat protection with automatic reset with SOFT-OFF functionality
- Premium quality EV specific cable (made in Germany)
- Type of plug needed can be selected when you order (for the mains side)
- The cable length can be chosen from 5 to 12 meters
- Protection against faulty ground issues available as an option: this is mandatory to select in the options if your electrical installation does not includes a 30mA RCD circuit breaker
- Rainproof device
Cable properties *:
- Resistant to organic aggression, oil, dust and water
- Especially designed for long service life
- Remains flexible even at low temperatures (temperature range: -25 ° C to 80 ° C)
- Highly resistant against mechanical stress, in particular abrasion and sliding
[*] Applies to the insulated part of the cable, excluding the electronics
- Plug type (electric vehicle side): Type 1 (SAE J1772) Female plug
- Type of plug (wall outlet/grid side): CEE 5P 16A (5 pins, three-phase), CEE 3P 16A (3 pins, single-phase), shuko, etc. (defined by customer)
- Maximum charge current: 16A (single-phase)
- Charging currents: 6A, 8A, 10A, 13A, 16A
- Maximum charging power: 3.7 kW
- Nominal voltage: 230V (single phase)
- Operating voltage range: 180V to 270V (50/60Hz)
- The micro electronics module that handles the entire charging process functions, is integrated in the vehicle’s side connector
- Ultra precise and temperature independent EV communication frequency, controlled by QUARTZ
- User information interface through an integrated LED
- Detects and indicates all charging states as well as every possible fault (via the integrated LED indicator)
- Automatic reset after any possible fault
- Cable length: to be defined by the customer on ordering
- UV, oil and flame resistant cable insulation
- Ambient air temperature operational range: -30 ° C to 40 ° C (in direct sunlight)
- Integrated overheating protection, with self-reset and SOFT-OFF functionality
- IP rating: IP54 (rain water resistant)
- Cable color: Orange
- Weight: depends on the cable length
- IEC 61851 compliant
- CE & TÜV approved
- Designed and manufactured in EU
100% compatible with all electric vehicles equipped with a Type 1 charging socket :
- Citroen C-zero
- Fisker Karma
- Ford Focus EV
- Kia Soul
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
- Nissan e-NV200
- Nissan Leaf
- Opel Ampera
- Peugeot Ion
- Renault Fluence Z.E.
- Renault Kangoo Z.E. (2011)
- Toyota Prius Plug-in
- and many others
- SCHUKO type wall socket (Type F for Europe) with integrated overheat protection
- Securely charges even with high current (16A) on standard wall outlets
- Fully autonomous operation
- The charging operation is automatically stopped in case of overheating
- Overheating is indicated by the rapid flashing of the LED, integrated into the charging plug on the electric vehicle side.
- Charging resumes automatically as soon as the temperature has dropped
- How it works: some wall outlets or extenders are of poor quality which could cause their temperature to rise. In this case, overheating is detected by the Schuko socket of the charger which automatically stops the charge. At this time, the LED on the charging plug on the electric vehicle side will flash to indicate this situation. When the plug has cooled down, the charging process resumes automatically.
- Protection device against ground faults (RCD 30mA): the RCD 30mA option must be chosen if there is no protection (RCD 30mA type) integrated on your electrical installation.
Scope of delivery: 1 portable charger for electric car
Note: If you choose a version without protection (RCD), it is mandatory that electric installation to which you connect this charger is protected by RCD itself.