The EM420 is by excellence the energy manager for precise and continuous monitoring of electrical energy flows in the residential, industrial and commercial areas.
This device, designed in Germany by TQ, is the perfect basis for monitoring and analyzing your electrical networks.
The EM420 is the basis of the dynamic load management for the KEBA X series charging stations. By monitoring the total consumption of your electric circuit, thanks to the EM420, the KEBA charging stations adapt their charging power in real time, according to your electric circuit’s capacity and load.
Thanks to this feature, the electric circuit is not overloaded and so the circuit breakers don’t risk to disrupt.
TQ‘s EM420 allows you to monitor and optimize your energy consumption, increase your comfort of use and better manage the capacities of your installation in order to charge your electric vehicle as efficiently as possible.
Features of the EM420
- Continuous data storage for long-term analysis
- Long-term data storage configurable up to an interval of one second
- Event-triggered recording: allows recording of measured data with speeds going up to 200 ms of intervals with pre-trigger and post-trigger time
- Recording of starting currents and voltage dips or spikes
- Export of measured data in standard format files like CSV, transferable by FTP/SFTP or e-mail
- Standard communication interfaces Modbus TCP / RTU (master/slave) and web interface (HTTPS in JSON format)
- Data communication possible at 200 ms via Modbus (master and slave)
- Modbus register to OBIS and Sunspec standards
- Data can easily be integrated in IoT platforms via MQTT (up to a resolution of one second)
- Easy to configure thanks to its integrated web server
- Plug & Play setup
- Easy network access via UPnP
- Visualization of energy flows in Sankey format
- Extension of the energy analysis of equipment or production stations via the TQ sensors (up to 63A)
- Replaces the previous EM300 Energy Manager
- Compatible with the x-series of KEBA EV charging stations, for the dynamic load management
Key functions of the EM420 energy manager:
- Fully integrated smart meter
- High measurement accuracy
- Real-time data acquisition
- Four quadrant meter
- Three-phase energy measurement for consumption and power-in
- Direct connection up to 63A or from 100A to 1000A via external current transformers
- Possibility to connect up to 96 additional current sensors for detailed monitoring of secondary circuits
- Decentralized data archiving with a capacity going up to 15 years
- Standard DIN rail mounting system (4 DIN units)